Like what you read?

Do you like what you read? Have you had similar or parallel experiences on those sites? Do you share the same interests as me?

If you are interested in marraige seriously, then send me a message on my Facebook profile (@ the bottom of this page) and we could communicate further.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

August 2010: When I Meet Curiosity

Search Log: August 2010
Profile Of Guy: Parsi
Age: 40 years
Profile: Businessman

Found his profile on Shaadi.com and called him, asking him to check my profile first and to call back if he was interested. He called back later and confirmed that he was and that we could meet. That was Step 1.

Step2: We met at a coffee joint at Phoenix Mall. He was just as he looked in his profile pix. He was smart, had a ready smile and was easy to converse with. He was a businessman who stayed in Mumbai Central, and ran his business from South Mumbai. He was a divorcee without any children.

Coffee & Questions
"Do websites like shaadi.com really work?" he asked me not 2 minutes after we had found our seats.
"Yes, they do. You read the papers about the millions of Indians
logging on, searching everyday and the stories about couples who have found each other this way." I answered.
 "Are the people on this site serious about finding partners?"
"Can't answer for all of them, but I am. That's why I called you. Hope you are serious." My 'alert radar' was up and I tried to scope what he was thinking. I had a hunch that this was not going to work. Yet, I pushed my doubts, hunches, feelings and questions aside. "Go with the flow, let him take the lead", I counselled myself in my head.
He said, "yes, I am. But I dont know about how these sites work. My friend looks into it for me."
"You're lucky you have a frnd whose helping you this way. The rest of us manage independantly." I added, wondering where the talk was going.
"Do people look at the profiles before contacting each other?"
"Are they truthful about themselves on the website?"
"Was I the spokeperson for these websites? Or am I being the spokeperson for all the members of the websites?" I wondered to myself. 

Well after an hour into the talks, we finished our coffees. We learnt a little about what each other were doing with our lives, what we did after work and more so about how bad his marraige was before he decided to call it quits. We got up and said our goodbyes. Just before we parted way I asked, "Just what got you to respond to my profile?"
"Oh, you spoke very well." he answered, and we split knowing that was the last we would see of each other.

And More Qs
As I found myself answering his Qs all through our meetup, I found myself asking Qs mostly to myself on my way back home.
  • So what did that mean? I 'spoke' well, but I dont 'look' that well?
  • Was he serious at all about the search or just curious about the person on the other end of the line who just happened to speak well?
  • Should I have drawn the line at some point about all His Qs?
  • Should I have cut his Qs and made him answer some of my own?
All pointless ruminations of a meetup that would never go further. And I bite the dust again.

No comments:

Post a Comment